Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Thank you for all of your support on our big field trip! The students had a wonderful time learning and discovering the San Juan Capistrano Mission. Our next field trip is next Tuesday, June 5, 2012 to Keys Ranch at Joshua Tree National Park. We will leave around 9 and be back about 2 pm. If you would like to volunteer, let me know. Fingerprinting and tb testing is a disctrict requirement for parent volunteers. Information was passed out in the beginning of the year, but I would be happy to discuss it with you if you need more information.
For our in class mission project we need materials that we can use for constructing a mission including, but not limited to: boxes, cardboard, paint, rocks, sticks, etc. Groups can start bringing in supplies for mission construction.
Let’s have a spectacular week!
Your choices can change the world,
- Reading Log: read for 15+ min. each day.(Silent, partner or aloud)
- Weekly Paragraph: None this week
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: “Want Fries With That?”
- Think Tank: A bold faced word in the text followed by a phrase is called an appositive. List three examples where you have found appositives.
Spelling: No test this week
- Think Tank: List 20 words you have a difficult time spelling. Check for the correct spelling in the dictionary
Math: Geometric Terms
- 169/170, 173/174
- Think Tank: Create and solve a word problem that uses decimals.
Word of the Week: hiatus
- an interruption in time or continuity : break; especially : a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted.
- Think Tank: Use the word of the week in a sentence and illustrate.
- Keep collecting box tops!
- Yearbooks are now on sale for $15
- Memorial Day, Monday, 5.28.12 No School
- Keys Ranch, JT National Park Field Trip Tuesday, June 5, 2012
- Awards Assembly, Thursday, 6.7.12 at 9 am!
Website of the Week:
Learn about the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge. Tips, booklets and learn how to participate in breaking the world reading record!
Donation of the Month: Art Supplies!
Any type of art suppy can be donated for the class to use. We are in need of markers and colored pencils. Any type of paint, drawing paper or other type of art material is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your donations to help make our class awesome!
top of page
Habit of the Week:
Becoming Resilient Tip #9 – Communicate with respect
- Always consider whether you’re saying things in a way that will make people more receptive to your ideas. Don’t interrupt them, put them down, or tell them how they should be feeling. Treat other people how you would like to be treated.
- Think Tank: I will follow through this week with…
I have reviewed my child’s homework for this week_________ (Initials).
top of page
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012