Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Tomorrow is our field trip to Keys Ranch at Joshua Tree National Park. We will leave around 9 and be back about 2 pm. If you would like to volunteer, let me know. Fingerprinting and TB testing is a district requirement for parent volunteers. Please remember to bring sunscreen, water bottles, and a sack lunch. It should be a fun trip!
We need materials that we can use for constructing a mission including, but not limited to: boxes, cardboard, paint, rocks, sticks, etc.
Let’s have a spectacular week!
Your choices can change the world,
- Reading Log: optional this week
- Weekly Paragraph: Learning New Things
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: “Ozified!”
- Think Tank: An author’s purpose can be to entertain, persuade, or inform the reader. Why did the author of “Wringer” write that particular story? Twenty words please.
Spelling: No test this week
- List 20 words you have a difficult time spelling. List an antonym for each word.
- None this week
- Create and solve a word problem that uses multiplying decimals.
Word of the Week: proficient
- well advanced in an art, occupation, or branch of knowledge If you are proficient or adept at something you are skillful — perhaps even an expert.
- Use the word of the week in a sentence and illustrate.
- Keep collecting box tops!
- Yearbooks are now on sale for $15
- Minimum Day, Monday, June 4, 2012. Dismissal at 12:20
- Keys Ranch, JT National Park Field Trip Tuesday, June 5, 2012
- Awards Assembly, Thursday, 6.7.12 at 9 am!
- Last day of school Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Website of the Week:
Create “Wacky Web Tales”! Similar to Madlibs; students type in various words, according to different parts of speech to make a funny, original piece of writing.
Donation of the Month: Art Supplies!
Any type of art suppy can be donated for the class to use. We are in need of markers and colored pencils. Any type of paint, drawing paper or other type of art material is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your donations to help make our class awesome!
top of page
Habit of the Week:
Becoming Resilient Tip #10 Encourage Special Interests
- This summer find a new hobby by trying new things. Visit new places including libraries, museums and historic places. Ignite a passion and excitement for learning by doing something different!
- Think Tank: I will follow through this week with…
I have reviewed my child’s homework for this week_________ (Initials).
top of page
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012