Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
I truly appreciate all the donations that helped make our “scary story happening” special. Students had a great time sharing their stories and enjoying hot chocolate and treats!
The UNICEF donation project has started. K-Kids, a service club at our school hosts this annual collection to help people in need. Donations will be accepted through Wednesday, November 7, 2012. K-Kids will also be sponsoring a canned food drive for Thanksgiving. Donations will be accepted Monday, Nov.5 through Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012. Last, but not least 4th grade will start its annual Math-a-Thon, which is a fundraiser for fourth grade only. More details to follow.
The biography project can be turned in on Thursday, November 8, 2012 or after the long weekend on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Each student must complete the book report and one project from level one.
Your choices can change the world,
Reading/Language Arts: Unit 2, Week 3
- Reading Log: due due Friday. 15 + minutes.
- Weekly Paragraph: Biography Project – due 11/8/12 or 11/13/12
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: “Dr. Samuel Lee Kountz Jr.”
- Grammar Practice: Apostrophes #3
- Think Tank: Summarize the “big idea” each night of the book(s) you are reading for your reading log. List one sentence each night, for a total of four sentences. Please date each sentence.
Spelling: Test on Friday!
- Write missed words 3X
- Think Tank: Rainbow write your missed words using Fall colors.
Math: Patterns with Multiplying
- Practice Pages: 51/52, 53/54
- Think Tank: Write an equation using parenthesis. Solve.
Word of the Week: approach
to come near or nearer to: The cars slowed down as they approached the intersection.
- Think Tank: Add this word to your custom dictionary. Include an illustration or 3-5 synonyms
- Join P.T.O. Your time, ideas and effort make a difference. A family membership is $5.00
- Order “Y-Ties” today! Each pair costs $4.00 This is a fundraiser for our school.
- Yearbooks are on sale now. ($15)
- UNICEF Fundraiser this week!
- Staff Development Day Friday, 11/9/12 – No School for students
- Veteran’s Day 11/12/12
- Thanksgiving Break Nov. 19-23, 2012
- Final Day to turn in Biography Project Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012
- K-Kids Canned Food Drive Nov. 5-13, 2012
Website of the Week: Pacer Center Kids Against Bullying
Become informed about bullying and how to stop it as we prepare for TPES’s Anti Bullying Week Nov.13-16, 2012.
Donation of the Month: Gingerbread House Supplies!
Towards the end of November/early December we will be having our 2nd annual Gingerbread House Throwdown! This is an event in which teams of students have one hour to construct their very own gingerbread house. Our supply of the month is all of the items needed to make this happen, including but not limited to: gram crackers, icing, candy, cookies, pretzels, etc. We could also use 5 flat pieces of cardboard for the bases.
Thank you for your donations to help make our class awesome!
Habit of the Week: Character Trait #2 Responsibility
- Do what you are supposed to do
- Plan ahead
- Persevere: keep on trying!
- Always do your best
- Use self-control
- Be self-disciplined
- Think before you act — consider the consequences
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes
- Set a good example for others
- Think Tank: I am respectful when…
I have reviewed my child’s homework for this week_________ (Initials).
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012