Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
On Friday, April 5th there is no school for students due to a parent conference day. This is a day to come and see what progress your child has made, areas that need attention and what needs to be done to ensure the greatest amount of progress. I have walk in appointments from 8:15-12:15 and 12:45-2:45. If you are unable to come on this day I can send the report card home for you to review and we can either schedule a conference at another time or hold a phone conference. I look forward to seeing you then. Also available is the scholastic book fair on Friday.
Also, on Thursday, April 4th at 9am- 9:45 is the 4th grade award assembly in the multipurpose room. Families are welcome. I will send a note home if your child is receiving an award.
Today you will get permission slips for our field trip to Joshua Tree National Park. We are going to “White Tank” to learn and explore. Please have permission slips back by Thursday, April 4, 2013.
Let’s have a wonderful week!
Your choices can change the world,
- Reading Log: Read for 20 + min. – a “Just Right” book
- Weekly Paragraph: #11 Become an Inventor- due this Thursday (4/4/13)
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: “The History of a Toy”
- Grammar Practice: Review & Assessment: Capitalization
- Think Tank: Write a summary of “History of a Toy” 20 words
Spelling: Test on Friday!
- Write each missed word 3X
- Use each spelling word in a sentence.
- Think Tank: Write each spelling word forwards and backwards.
- Pgs. 123/124, 125/126
- Think Tank: Pg. 127/128
Word of the Week: coast
The noun coast describes the area where the land meets the sea — the seashore.
Coast also has a verb form that describes an effortless movement, like when you’re riding your bike down a hill and you don’t have to pedal at all. It can also be used figuratively to describe something that’s gained without much difficulty. You might coast to victory in the playoffs when your team wins 8-0 and is never threatened.
- Think Tank: List 5 synonyms for the word of the week.
- Yearbooks are on sale now. ($18)
- Thank you for all of the box top donations! Keep saving for our next competition!.
- K-Kids Shoe donation table on Fridays
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 Field Trip to Joshua Tree National Park
- Spring Break April 22-26, 2013
- Awards assembly Thursday, 4/4/13 at 9 am
- Scholastic Book Fair April 1-5, 2013
- Spring Conferences Friday, April 5, 2013.
Website of the Week: Books about Character Traits
The Character Counts website offers a list of books that focus on one of the six pillars of character.
All these books build character, teach lessons, have messages or open the floor for discussions with your child.
- Think Tank: List three books you would like to read from one or more of these sites.
Use this guide from the American Library Association to select books that match abilities and interests of your child.
Think Tank: List three titles from one of these sites that you would like to read.
Donation of the Month: Tissues
Any brand or type will do. We appreciate your support!!
Habit of the Week: Emotional Control Habit #5
Read Stories That Have Characters You Admire
By reading books and stories that have characters you admire, you can get ideas on how to handle certain tasks and situations. These role models can have a positive influence on the choices you make in your everyday life.
- Think Tank: A character I admire is …… _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have reviewed my child’s homework for this week_________ (Initials).
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012