Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
As our year draws to a close I am encouraging students to take all personal items home. Do not bring treasured items to school. Also, we will be returning our library books for the last time this week.
The last day of school we will be honoring the author Roald Dahl with a chocolate party. I am asking for donations of the following items: Plates, napkins, any type of chocolate food i.e. pudding, bars, cookies, etc. and drinks including yahoos and water bottles. We will be reading “Charlie and the Chocolate Party” and watching the film on the last day of school.
Let’s have a wonderful week!
- Critical Thinking Reading Log: Read each night for 20 + min. & complete the reading log.
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: You Want Fries With That?
- Grammar Practice: Capitalization Pg. ____
- Weekly Paragraph: Choose one of the remaining topics.
- Think Tank: The phrase set off by commas that explains the meaning of a word is called a what?
Spelling: Last Test This Friday
- Write missed words 3X each
- Think Tank: Spelling Sentences.
Math: Ch. 6
- Pgs 383-384
- Think Tank: Find the value
(8x4) + 2 + (9x4)=
Word of the Week: constant
Think of something or someone that does not change as constant. A classmate’s constant drumming on the table with his fingers could be a constant source of annoyance.
Constant derives from Latin verb meaning “to stand with,” so something constant is continually standing with you and not wavering. You may be thankful for the constant companionship of your dog but not necessarily for your teacher’s constant homework assignments. In math and science, a constant is a number that is fixed and known, unlike a variable which changes with the context. That idea crosses over to real life. If a friend is a constant in your life, that means they have always been with you and there for you.
- Think Tank: List three things that are constant in your life.
- Keep clipping Box Tops!
- Progress reports are due each Friday.
- Last Day of School June 10, 2015.
- No School on Monday, May 25, 2015- Memorial Day
- Book Orders due by Friday May 22, 2015.
- Awards Assembly: June _________________
Donation of the Month: Post-It Notes
Any size, brand, type or color will do. Thank you for helping make our class awesome!!!
Website of the Week:
Lots of fun for Shel Silverstein fans! Follow the links below for Shel Silverstein activities, games, wallpapers, audio, and more!
Then further explore www.shelsilverstein.com to find exclusive animations for many of Shel Silverstein’s poems. Welcome to the magical world of Shel Silverstein!
- Think Tank: Where did Shel Silverstein grow up? When was he born?
Conundrum of the Week: Riddle
What am I?
I am the only thing that always tells the truth.
I show off everything that I see.
I come in all shapes and sizes.
So tell me what I must be!
Project of the Month: Mission Project
Fantastic job on Mission Projects! We will continue to present projects this month.
Habit of the Month: Sharpen The Saw – Physically
Here are some ideas on how you can sharpen the saw physically.
- Eat right
- Get enough sleep
- Plant something
- Think Tank: Have you tried any of these? How many times each week? What else could you add to this list?
No Excuses University & Character Counts Monthly Trait: Responsibility.
Mondays: wear university colors: Cal Poly, Pomona, green & gold.
Fridays: school spirit: wear TPES colors blue & gold!
Sidewinder store open: _______________.
I have reviewed my child’s homework this week. Initials ________.