Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Thank you for attending Back-To-School Night! If you were unable to come, I have sent papers home with your child. If you are able to make monetary donations at any time for upcoming field trips it is appreciated. It costs about $60 per student to attend the fourth grade field trips. Anything you can do, at any time is fine. We will be doing a wreath fundraiser in October and several See’s Candy fundraisers as well.
September 22, 2015 is school picture day. If you are ordering pictures please have your child bring in the form and payment. If you ordered online, simply write the confirmation code on the envelope.
Let’s have a great week!
- Critical Thinking Reading Log: Read each night for 20 + min. & complete your reading log.
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: What’s a Yankee Doodle?
- Grammar Practice: Capitalization #4
- Weekly Paragraph: #2 Autobiography
- Think Tank: What do you do to figure out the meaning of an unfamiliar word? List at least two ideas or more in two or more sentences.
Evident means visible, often the mark of an action or a feeling. If a room is in total disarray, with everything pulled out of the drawers, it’s evident that someone has been searching for something. If you leave the room in the middle of a tense meeting, your frustration will be evident. Evident can also simply mean visible. If you look closely at a key hole of your car door, small scratches will be evident in the paint.
- Think Tank: Play hangman with a friend using the word of the week.
Spelling: Test on Friday
- Write missed words 3X
- Use each spelling word in a sentence.
- Think Tank: Word Art: draw a picture and write your words in the picture (label).
Ch. 1 Place Value
- Pgs. 35/36
- Pgs. 41/42
- Think Tank: Define variable. Write an example.
The official Kevin Henkes website! Learn about our author of the month. Here you’ll find videos, resources, book information, interviews, games, articles, and much more.
Think Tank: Watch one of the videos on the website. Tell me what you learned in 2-4 sentences.
- Throughout the year we collect “Box Tops”. Clip & save them in a baggie. The competition has begun!!
- Homework and signed Newsletters are due Friday.
- Join P.T.O. Your time, ideas and effort make a difference. Only $10 for a whole family to join.
- School pictures 9/22/15
- TPES Color Run on October 24, 2015.
- Reminder: Wear school colors on Fridays!
- Character Counts Trait of the Month: Responsibility
Name four days in a week that start with the letter “T”.
For September we are going to do an author study on our author of the month: Kevin Henkes. I will be passing out a “Rate It” sheet where you will list various titles and rate them on a simple star system. This sheet will be due by September 30, 2015. It is available in the elephant’s trunk bin.
#1 BE PROACTIVE
Try to anticipate needs. Are there extra activities associated with certain times of the day, week, month, or quarter? Can you prepare in advance? Look ahead and do not be afraid of the unknown. A small amount of future stability can be self-generated by planning ahead and being ready for those things over which you do have some control.
This month I am looking for a student who is proactive, meaning they take responsibility for their own actions.
- Think Tank: This week I knew _______________ was scheduled to happen so I…
I have reviewed my child’s homework this week.
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012