Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
On Friday, October 30, 2015, we will be having a “scary story happening”. Students will share original stories they have written this month. I encourage students to bring flashlights, so when they read their story to the class they can turn out the lights and use the flashlight to make it even more special. I will also be making hot chocolate that day. If you would like to donate hot chocolate (packets), spoons, napkins, hot cups, marshmallows or cookies it would be greatly appreciated!
Also on that day, in the morning we have our annual character parade. This is an optional event. I will pass out the permission slips this week. If interested I will give you a book report form. You may dress up as a character from a book and march in the parade on campus.
PTO is putting on a fall festival on Thursday, November 5, 2015. It takes place from 5-7 pm. Fourth grade is having a bake sale! If you are able to donate a baked good, we would love it! The fourth-grade teachers will be selling items at the table. If you would like to volunteer for a half hour or more, let me know!
Let’s have an awesome week!
Your Choices Change the World,
- Critical Thinking Reading Log: Read each night for 20 + min. & complete your log.
- Reading Comprehension Sheet: Kids in the Gold Fields
- Grammar Practice: Quotation #1
- Weekly Paragraph: #5 Thanksgiving Guest
- Think Tank: Choose a character from a story. List three words that describe him or her. List a reason/explanation for your answer.
- Think Tank: How will you convince someone of something? List what you are trying to convince and to who.
Spelling: No Spelling test this week
- Think Tank: Create a list of 20 words that have a long vowel sound. Make sure the words are spelled correctly.
Ch. 2 Add and Subtract Whole Numbers
- Pgs. 77/78
- Pgs. 83/84
- Think Tank: Create 5 problems that can be rounded to the nearest thousandths. List the number and the solution.
Think Tank: I looked at “Barking Good Reads” and would like to read the book… . . .
- Biography Book Report due 11/13/15
- We won!!! Keep clipping for the next competition!
- PTO: only $10 to join, also school spirit shirts $10.
- TPES Color Run 10/24/15 Late Registration at 8am; Starts at 9 am.
- Field Trip Donations welcomed at any time.
- Fall Festival Thursday, 11.5.15 (5-7pm)
- Scholastic Book Fair coming soon
- Red Ribbon Week October 26-30th
- Character Parade Friday, Oct. 30th
- Parent Conferences 11/6/15
- Wear school colors on Fridays!
- Character Counts assembly: 10/23/15
- Wreath Fundraiser going on now!
- a word, phrase, verse, or sentence that reads the same backward or forward.
- Think Tank: Answer.
Biography Book Report Project
Habit #2 Begin with the End in Mind
- Think Tank: To keep working towards my goal I am going to ask ________________________________ to ask me once a day/week how I am doing.
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012